Weasel TREK: Light speed assembly !
In fact we cannot really talk about assembly as it takes 25 minutes to have it ready, no glue is needed. This is faster than some RTF kit.
The work consists mainly in
- installing the 2 servos in their location, servo arm at the neutral position. I use some UHU glue to secure, but this is not necessary, there are 2 transparent tape pieces to cover and maintain in place the servos.
- route the servo wires to the radio compartiment
- tape the velcro on the nose and on the battery to secure it
- install the plastic clevises on the control rods.
- install the 2 screws on the joiner lock system (same as the Alula TREK)
- No lead needed in the nose for the CG balancing, I even had to move back the battery by 5mm.
If you want some colors, acrylic paint in spray will do it easily. I used some masking paper tape. This is clearly longer than the assembly itself, but she deserves it !
On the balance, she weights 290grs vs the 330grs of the Weasel Black Edition. Additional ballast is about 50gr, perfectly centered on the recommended CoG.