facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

How to make very inexpensive 2.4 ghz antenna sleeves

I use a cotton bud (Q-tip) that I cut to keep the center part. Diameter is perfect for 2.4 Ghz antenna, even with shrink tube around. Then I put some hot glue on one side to block the antenna. In the fuselage I glue one guide with cyano. For the second antenna, I let it free but use a piece of coroplast to position it correctly (vetically), along the receiver. The cost ? 500 cotton bud cost 30 cents so cost is 0.12 cents for 2  !!!!

PS: of course, you can use the cotton bud in your ear before to cut it, so it is even cheaper !!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jehnedi (CZ) F3G Eurotour final contest report

Text and photos:  Sebastian Haase (German version below) In my last and first report on the new, young and upcoming FAI class F3G, Pierre an...